Sunday

Wearing Tummy Tuck Jeans With Prints - the Massive Fashion Trend of 2010



This is one fashion trend for spring and summer 2010 that you simply can't afford to miss and I am going to give you many ways to wear it with your tummy tuck jeans. That means that hooray, I keep the smoother, flatter tummy, and the sterling work my jeans do for my southward heading, yet I keep up with fashion trends. I’m going to go through it all in under four minutes here – you’ll know exactly what’s hot, what to do with it, where to get it and how to find it in every size. If you’re not inspired to try this trend, my mission will have failed – this is such a great, great look and so easy for curvy women to look stunning in.




The reason I’m focusing on this particular trend is I want to describe ways to work it for curvy women and plus size women, and more than any trend in the new season, this is the one I think straight away, this is going to be where my jeans come into their own. The only other trend to touch them is distressed denim, but, back to the prints. Patterned prints have a down side for me, if they’re really bold (and this season, bold is big), it can pull the eyes basically to the lower half of the body. So I want to keep the jeans in my outfit, to minimise my tummy and lift my behind, cleverly fooling everyone I actually exercise(which I don’t do enough, anyone with me here? ). So, I plan to layer up with patterned tops and jackets on top of the jeans. Perfect. I’m not going to go with either jumpsuits or harem pants – I just don’t like either of them in regular cuts.



Harem pants make me look like a strange, pear-shaped silk balloon, ready for takeoff should there be a gust of wind. It also make my ankles look totally stupid, even in heels, is that just me? The ankles come out really slim, then whose, its parachutes all the way as we head up from mid-calf, although a long-lost airman is about to pop out any moment, complete with flying goggles and one of those brown leather aviator hats. Insane, and I’d rather wear my patterns another way, and have something that isn’t in and out of fashion faster than a bag of marshmallows melt if you toast them.

In terms of what you want to be going for print wise, good news is there seems to be no hard fast rules, its all cool.



Big trends are floral or geometrical patterns, but virtually any bold pattern is going to be trendy this season. I’m keeping away from 80s geometrical prints unless I’m buying it vintage from a charity store (with the correspondingly low price tag compared to buying it new). Those prints are very hot right now, but for how long? So I don’t feel like investing a lot in them – whereas floral will be around longer and they’re really feminine. I’m going for that elegant, high waist with the NYDJ and then teaming it with floral tops, floral jackets, or a floral top and floral accessories. Its totally ok to mix prints, by the way, great for us more nervous shoppers.



In addition, there are great arrays of floral prints tops to choose from, even floral prints with ruffles.

Top Shop had many prints, but the largest selection was surely floral, all over both the clothes and accessories, like an explosion in a garden centre in June. Hopeless though for larger sizes, only up to 14 and many had sold out above an 8 online, so head to Evans instead, like a sane person if you’re size 12 or over. There you will find a stunning collection of floral and patterned prints, including some wicked jewellery. . Issue with it no good over a UK size fourteen, that is their largest size. Sizes are from a happier 14 to 30 / 32. Another way with this trend is it lends itself beautifully to pre-loved for a bargain.




Its not often you can say, hey, you’ll find tons of a hot trend spot on down a charity shop, but this one, you will. Charity stores selling second hand clothing have an excellent choice of sizes, I guarantee you that sizes 12 and over typically outnumber the teeny ones. Most women wear bigger sizes, and these are exactly the genuine real life clothes which make it into those stores.



So, go bold, pick your favourite brightest prints, layer them and wear them with pride with you tummy tuck jeans. You can even do it on a shoestring from the charity stores, and in the bargain, you’ll be giving desperately needed money to good causes and recycling to save the earth. In my quick whip through this hot hot look, I’ve given you the bones of what its about, how to wear it and where to get it new and second hand. I hope this prompts you to give it a try, its going to be a gorgeous spring and summer wearing this bright, bold patterned print style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments - let us know what you think! Comments are fully moderated and spammers are thrown to the dogs :)